Monday, September 24, 2007

Frosty/New Header


Happy Monday to all! Not really for me.......Mondays are no fun after having the weekend off from work. I think I must be related to Garfield...I dislike Monday's just as much as he does! Now the life of a my kitty is cool. Does not do anything he doesn't want to, comes and goes as he likes, has plenty of food, and people to pet and love him. Of course I can't remember the last time he stamped anything. LOL Okay I'll stop complaining about Monday.



This little sled was fun to make. It's 9 x 3 3/4 made from wood. You can mix dye based re-inkers with acrylic paint (sled was done with ivory paint by Delta) to make a wash to paint with. I used Bordering Blue for the top, and Sage Shadow for the running boards. I don't have a set recipe for the mix. Just add the paint to a small container and add the re-inker drops, mix with a Popsicle stick, add more re-inker till I achieve the color I'm wanting. Snowflakes on the top of the sled and running boards were stamped using Brocade Blue craft ink. I also sponged the sides of the sled with the same ink. I even remembered to use my Shimmery White cardstock. It is great to watercolor on! Just remember to use Jet Back StazOn ink. After Frosty was colored I ran it though the Xyron machine, added the black brads for buttons, then adhered it to the sled. The snow drifts are torn Shimmery White.

***Special thanks to Rick for adding the header to my Blog. Isn't it just wonderful! I'm so happy with it. You're the best Rick***

Hope everyone has a Happy Monday!!!

No comments: