Monday, September 17, 2007

RIBBON!!




Okay now that I have your attention with the title of this posting....LOL I know there are more ribbon junkies out there, and I'm not the only one. I never use to be. There was a time when I didn't use much ribbon, and didn't have much on had. Of course that was until somebody......yes you know who you are.....got me addicted! That being said I needed to get out of the house yesterday, so I headed out to my favorite craft store and found this awesome fall ribbon for 1.00 a spool! I've not seen this type of ribbon before. It has strands of very fine jute running through it. I also found fall colors in grosgrain ribbon also for 1.00. Love the colors. I'll be using some of this soon to make some fall cards. Yes you heard me not only did I buy the ribbon I'm actually intending to use it!

I did get lots of stamping done yesterday. One of the projects I worked on uses the Apple Cider designer paper from the Holiday mini catalog. Love the colors, River Rock, Wild Wasabi, Really Rust, Close to Cocoa, all wonderful fall colors. I tried to get a little ahead so I made a Thanksgiving card and matching candle holder to give to my mom-in-law.
I don't know why I forget to use my crimper. I have it up on my tool shelf, and I had to dust it off yesterday! I can't remember the last time I used it. I crimped some River Rock cardstock, then cut it up into very narrow strips, and used it behind the focal point of the card. Stamp set used is a level two hostess set In the Spotlight. The flower is so easy! No cutting on that since there is a matching 5 petal punch. I used a white gel pen to make the dots. I wanted the flower to pop a bit more. The candle holder is filled with popcorn kernels. I just pushed the votive candle into it. You could also use sand.

4 comments:

Lorie said...

So, so pretty! I love that set! And ...is that a picture of you on your blog? It is so nice to see you! :o)

Unknown said...

Yup that's me on the blog! Thought I'd put my face out there!

Becky Carafa said...

This is so nice! I love the layout and how you used the dsp.

Rebecca said...

Great layout. It would be a good way to use up some scrap pieces. I'll give it a try.