Sunday, October 21, 2007

Light Box Decor



The plastic box storage box I found at a local craft store. I had hubby drill a hole in the back for the cord of the light string to go through. You can however use the plastic box frames if you can't find the storage box or do not have a way to drill the hole. The box frames (I checked) do have a hole in the back already, and come in 5 x 7 and 8 x 10. The string of lights I found in the wedding section of the craft store so they are not tree lights, they are meant to be used in decorations. I think the wattage in the lights are a bit less so you won't have to worry about the cardstock going up in flames if you leave them on to long. Now at my store the cost to make these are 2.49 for the box and 1.47 for the lights. So for me this is really an inexpensive project to make. Remember when the name frames were all the rage? Well this project is similar to those but you have the added lights. I know my friends are going to love this project. Hope you will be able to adapt it to use. Oh before I forget the cardstock is only glued in one place to secure to the inside box lid....it's by the top left star. I put glue dots there because I knew I could cover them up by adding the star to the outside lid with pop dots.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Love the light box, great job.
Kat

Kimm BT said...

Karen... I love your lightbox! Keep up the great crafting:)
Kimm BT