Friday, October 26, 2007

Snowman Ornament


Okay who could resist this cute little snowy guy?

Had fun making him. I used a tin container with a clear lid. Four Seasons designer paper on the inside first. Then cut the snow from Whisper White. Sponged the edges with Bashful blue then added just a little glitter. These pieces were layered inside the ornament using pop dots. Snowman was colored, cut out and then also added between the layers using pop dots again. I used the Cropadile to punch a hole in the lid, then used blue ribbon and tied the knot on the inside. Bow was added as a separate piece. To finish it off I cut a strip from the designer paper and ran it around the outside of the bottom part of the lid. To keep the lid attached I used red line tape to the inside lid to seal it.



I took a close up of the picture so you can see the detail.

Happy stamping!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a WONDERFUL idea! I have a bunch of those tins because you know, I HAD to have them and then didn't have a clue with what to do with them! Well, thank you. Now I'll be able to actually use them (My hubby thanks you, too!)
Cute ideas on the rest of your blog, too. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

OH my Karen This is sooo adorable .. love the snowman he fits soo perfectly
xoxox
Dawn

Unknown said...

thanks ladies!! I knew you would love it Dawn as it uses your favorite.....GLITTER!!!!

Kathy said...

Yes, I colored with the twinkling H2O's and traced the spiders with Twinklette pigmented glitter marker by Marvy. Glad you liked it.

Unknown said...

I love the snowman ornament.
vera