Thursday, October 18, 2007

Tried Something new

I was in the mood this evening to try something new. The technique is called emerging colors.



First I stamped the Fannel Background stamp on whisper white cardstock using More Mustard ink. Next step ink up pumpkins (Carved in Candlelit) with VersaMark then stamped over the fannel image, embossed the images with clear embossing powder. For the pumpkins in the back row I had to cut some masks then stamped and embossed those the same way. After all the embossing was finshed I brayered over the entire piece with Buckaroo Blue ink. After that all I had to do was wipe off the ink from the embossed images to let the fannel background show through. I tore off the upper part of the cardstock around the images. Didn't like the way it looked. Sort of flat looking. Layered on Old Olive and Buckaroo Blue. The base card was also stamped with the flannel Background. I love this stamp!! I really need to use it more. I have so many stamps it's hard to use them all. I know some of my stamps are really feeling unloveed and un-inked!!!

Happy stamping!!!

No comments: