Saturday, November 3, 2007

Christmas Advent Tag Countdown


I'm so excited about this project!!! Took some time, and I wish the pictures were better but this is the best I could do.

I started out with a 16 x 12 wood framed cork message board. Painted the wood frame with gold acrylic paint, next I cut and glued natural mulberry paper to the cork. Luggage tags started out being 1 1/2 by 3 but I had to cut them down to 2 1/4 inches long to get them all to fit. I did try to use the tag punches from Stampin'Up! but they are a bit to wide. You could use them if you use a wider board. The fun part was after the board was finished. I used many different stamp sets. Embellishments used: brads, glitter, Stickles red, small oval punch, circle punch, gold cord. "T" pins were used to attach the tags to the board. You can find these in the sewing section....

and a large stamped envelope to hold all the tags.



Each tag was stamped with a number and stippled with Close to Cocoa ink. Some of the stamp sets used: Punch Pals, Festive Favorites, Santa Post, and Holiday Tag Team.
I was going to give this away as a gift, but I love it so much, and I just don't see myself making another one.

Happy Stamping!

No comments: