Sunday, November 11, 2007

Wouldn't Want to Be Uncle David!




Okay who is Uncle David you ask? He's not my uncle. He is an uncle to one of my best friends. Now from what I know about Uncle David he likes snowmen, and likes to stick confetti in cards for my friend to open. Recently she told me that Uncle David got her with confetti when she wasn't expecting it so.......she remembered I time I sent her a birthday card that had a "confetti flinger mechanism" in it. I got her good! LOL




Getting back to the story......I was asked to make a confetti flinger for Uncle David. Now my friend Lisa made the front of the card and mailed it to me along with a note for her uncle. I was only to make the mechanism for the card. I have it all put together and Lisa will be happy to know that the card will be on it's merry way to Uncle David on Monday. The only thing I regret is I won't be there to see him open the card. I just tried it out to make sure it works. Of course not in the house.....I took it outside where it was safe. Confetti blowing in the wind everywhere!

I'm posting my instructions on my Yahoo Group Karens stamp camps. If you are not a member of that group but want to make a confetti flinger of your own to share the "JOY" with a friend or a loved one.....just post a comment on my blog with your email addy and I'll send you the directions along with step by step pictures.

Happy Confetti Day......Uncle David!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Lucky David .... Boy wont he be surprised .. Great card
xoxox
Dawn Griffith

Anonymous said...

that is such a cute card. uncle will wonder what hit him. would you please email me the directions? have a friend or two that would enjoy this card.
combob@bellsouth.net

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love this card! Would you send me the directions?
Thanks!

Lois
lbburke63@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I want to make a flinger card, so would like to have the instructions. I know that this card was made several years ago but I just think it is so cute. Thanks, LaRue
mmartinezzoo01@aol.com

Marjori Miller said...

I know this is many years later, but can I get directions for the confetti flinger card? I have been searching the net for directions, but just can't seem to find them. Thanks!

Marjori67@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I would love to have directions! I have a friend who loves snowmen and confetti - how fun :-) speedy1@new.rr.com