Sunday, December 2, 2007

Gift Card Holder



Seeing how the "kids" are older and I have not a clue what to get them this year.....I think I'll be giving them gift cards. I made this one for Sarah. It's an Altoid tin. Worked good with the Dashing designer paper. I didn't have to paint the tin at all. There is red border going around it so I just cut the paper to fit so the red border on the tin would show. Sarah likes distressed things. So I roughed up the edges of the paper, crumpled it up and added some Close to Cocoa ink to make it look aged. The ribbon handles were added to make it look like a purse. The flower was inked with Real Red. I think she'll like it.

This Christmas Cactus is 13 years old. It was so small when I bought it in 94. We bought our house in November of 94 and I got the cactus at the same time.





It's been transplanted once. I think this spring I'll do it again. I like to see it get just a bit bigger.

1 comment:

Kimm BT said...

Karen this is cute... my dd would love one too! Question, did you punch holes into the tin to attach the purse handle with the brad?
Kimm BT