Monday, December 17, 2007

New Stamp Set, New Punch?


This is just the coolest thing...I had to share. Not my idea. I found it on SCS. I went back to try to find it again to give credit for the idea, but now I can't find it. It's not a new punch, but the scallop punch used in a different way.

First punch the cardstock with scallop punch. I used Old Olive. Next use removable tape on the back of the punched out shaped and adhere to a piece of computer paper. The paper has to be thin in order to go into the punch again. Next insert the cardstock piece back into the scallop punch. Move the scallops so they are off center, then punch again. You will end up with points instead of the scallops. Just too darn cool! The person who thought this up is just way to smart!


Now the card is made using a new Level 2 stamp set from the Spring/Summer Catalog. It's called Infinite Goodness. Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Brocade Blue, Old Olive, and Very Vanilla, ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Brocade Blue, and Jet Black StazOn, other: Canvas background, Stitches template, twine, 1 3/8 circle punch, aqua painer, scallop punch, and pop dots. You can see that I used the above technique with the scallop punch to make the points. Just love it when you can find new ways to use the things you already have. Oh and I haven't tried it yet but I'm sure you can use the same punch method for the large Marvy punches.

Happy Stamping
Only 4 more working days till I have a week off!

1 comment:

Dawns Stamping Shop said...

FABULOUS Idea... Love my scallop punch anyway BUT now even more :-)
Hugs
Dawn Griffith