Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Few Good Eggs!



I was going though some cards that I made and came across this Easter card. I made the template for the egg and then used background stamps to stamp them. Looking at it gave me a great idea. How about some Cuttlebug eggs? I wanted to make the card base bigger because I felt the eggs on the older card were to close together. So I use a 5 x 5 base card of Apricot Appeal. The eggs are Lavender Lace, Apricot Appeal, and Cameo Coral. Strip under the eggs is Certainly Celery. I got a little ink on the top right corner and needed to cover it up so I took left over cuttlebuged Lavender Lace and punched out using the window punch. That did the trick! To finish it off I added the wide white organdy ribbon. Make sure you click on the photo. You will see the Cuttlebug eggs in detail.



The magazine is out!!! This is the new issue of Crafts n' things. I saw it today on the magazine rack at the local grocery store. Be sure to check out my card on page 99. I know it's silly but I just had to pick up the magazine and look at my card. I also had to resist the urge to buy a copy.

Today I had to sit though a 2 hour class on diversity. One of the things the speaker talked about was managing stress. He asked the group if we had any hobbies. I had to smile at that one. Several people said gardening, one said camping, another one liked to exercise. Now to me all these hobbies added up to just one thing......sweat. My idea of a hobby is sitting at my desk in the throws of cardstock, ink, stamps, and all the embellishments that will fit around me. True BLISS!!! There isn't any sweat involved...unless of course I'm working on a deadline for a submission. But hey cardstock is made of paper and is absorbent. I can always blot the sweat away. LOL

Happy Thursday!!! It will be Friday again soon
Happy Stamping.

2 comments:

Kimm BT said...

Congratulations Karen on your publication!! Well deserved!

Kimm

Unknown said...

That must have been thrilling.
I didn't get this magazine so I didn't get to see your creations.
Vera