Sunday, May 4, 2008

Color Challenge




I took the splitcoast color challenge. You needed to use Purely Pomegranate, Soft Sky, and Black.
Stamp sets used: Pretty Amazing, French Flair, and French Script Background. The humming bird is attached the the card hidden inside front layer. The card is attached using only the brad. The Soft Sky/black layer is attached to the card front only at the top. The bottom part of the panel
free so the card underneath can slide out. You can view other cards using these color here
I have a funny story to share with you. Skip younger sister called us a few days ago and wanted us to meet her for dinner today. She wanted to celebrate our wedding anniversary that we had last week. Anyway......we met her and Skip's mom at the Chinese Buffet. We had a nice dinner, then chatted to get caught up on all the family. Well......they both gave us gift bags with anniversary gifts, and really nice cards (I'll forgive them as they don't stamp, cards from Hallmark) Inside the cards were notes reading happy 25th. I'm just busted out laughing. Our 25th was last year this was the 26th. The gift bags were silver. I thought it was really sweet of them. We all got a good laugh. I wish I would have got a pic of Lisa's face when I told her is the the 26th. Priceless!!!! I'm going to make them both thank you cards. They made our day Way Too Happy
Yesterday was a great day also! We took our nephews Corbet, and Neil, and our son John out to see Iron Man. OMG that was the best Marvel Comic movie made!!! Just loved it. They are making more. I wanted to stay and watch the movie again. After that we went to Quaker Steak and Lube for dinner. What a cool place that is! Great food and the inside has Corvettes hanging from the the ceiling, and on lifts just like the ones they use to raise up cars when they are being worked on. We sat under one. Pretty darn cool!!!
Till tomorrow
Stamping Trails
Karen






No comments: