Monday, May 26, 2008

Uncle Glen


PVT GLEN E BOOTHE
5th Cavalry Regiment
1st Cavalry Division
Army
Hostile, Died (KIA)
Date Of Loss: September 22, 1950
Service Number: RA13330200
TAZEWELL COUNTY, VA
Year of Birth: 1930
Comments: Private Boothe was a member of the 5th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division. He was Killed in Action while fighting the enemy in South Korea on September 22, 1950.
My mom was 18 years old when her brother was taken from her, and her family. He signed up to serve in the Army. He had only been in Korea for 2 weeks before his entire company was killed.
Mom talked about him often while I was growning up. I wish I could have met him.
Thanks for serving your country Uncle Glen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that photo.
He looks a little like Leslie Nielsen.

Vera