Monday, June 30, 2008

.25 Cent Hinged Latches

I found these cool silver latches at a local craft store in the
wood working dept. They were on clearance for .25 each.
I figured hey I can do something with them. Really into using
any type of hardware on my artwork.
Stamp set True Friend, Paisley
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy, Close to Cocoa,
and Always Artichoke
Ink: Always Artichoke, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: SU markers, Close to Cocoa, So Saffron, Always
Artichoke, scrap of caramel colored ric-rack. Oh so sticky tape, score pal, sponge, 1/8 hole punch scalloped edge card by K&Company.


The latches are easy to use they have prongs on either side of each of them. I just figured out where I wanted them and used the hole punch to punch two placement holes, inserted the prongs in the holes and bend them down. You can see by the opened card on the Not Quite Navy cardstock how the prongs look after they are bent down.
So.....next time you are in a craft store check out the wood dept. You might find some cool hardware to use on your
next card!
YAY I'm on vacation. I can't believe I'll have all week off. I'm so excited. Hubby is working day shift so he's at work now. Sarah came home last night. She is going to help me go through some stuff so I can get rid of it and make a little more elbow room! Most of the stuff I'm going to donate to the Good Will, or Purple Heart.
Still walking on the treadmill each day. Saturday I was on it in the morning and once again in the afternoon. You know this life style change is really working for me. I actually enjoy the time I spend on the treadmill. I read somewhere if you do something for 2 weeks it becomes a habit. Well I've been doing this for a month now, so I'm hoping it sticks!
One of the recipes I came up with for breakfast I enjoy a lot. And it helps me get some extra veggies in my diet
No Fat Egg whites 1/2 cup= 1 point
Spinach=0 points
Feta Cheese 1/4 cup=2 points
1 spray canola oil
garlic powder
Spray small non stick skillet with canola, add enough spinach to fill the pan, cook till wilted.
Add egg, cook, when egg is set add feta cheese and garlic powder. Flip the egg to form an omelet.
I normally add an WW English muffin with this to add another point.
That's all for today. Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm looking forward to post again tomorrow. YAY I have more time to stamp.
Stamping Trails
Karen 260

1 comment:

sandyh50 said...

Your card is cute and your recipe sounds good. Here is a recipe I shared today on my WW thread. It's a light summer salad. Enjoy!

MANDARIN ORANGE MOUSSE

1 box SF orange Jell-O
1 box SF white chocolate pudding
1 can mandarin orange slices– drained
1 8 oz tub fat free cool whip

Mix Jell-O with 1 cup boiling water. Dissolve Jell-O complete. Add 1 c up cold water and let it sit for 5 minutes. Using electric beater, beat in pudding. Mix until well combined. Fold in drained fruit and Cool Whip. Chill and serve.

4 servings 1 cup each 2.5 points