Monday, June 16, 2008

Nice Surprise



Daughter Sarah came home early yesterday morning. She wanted to see her dad on Father's day. We had long fun filled day.
First we went to visit my mom in the nursing home. We took her outside and pushed her around the building. I stopped Sarah from pushing her so I could take a picture. After I snapped it and moved the camera from my eye I saw that mom had be sticking out her tongue. So I jokingly scolded her for doing that and she just busted out laughing. It was a good sound to hear!
After we left mom we did a little bit of shopping. Came home and had lunch with the family, and visited for a bit. Next me and Sarah went to the mall. Did more shopping. Found a pair of Capri pants at JC Penny on clearance for 11.00. They were one size smaller than I normally wear. So I got them didn't even try them on. I thought if I didn't fit them now I soon would.


We also decided to go to take a walk around the lake on our way home. So we walked a mile. It was a little warm out but not to bad. It was fun to watch people fish and drive there model boats across the lake. Of course we also saw all the ducks with there little babies. While walking I got the inspiration for this card. They have these flowers all along the lake, and I remembered I had a hostess set with that same flower. So last night after dinner I sat down and made this card.
Stamp set: Garden Silhouettes, Sanded, ink Old Olive, More Mustard, Cardstock, Elegant Eggplant, More Mustard, Old Olive, accessories: clip, tab rounder punch, white gel pen, twill tape, distressing tool.
Sorry to see the weekend be over. But on the upside I only have 10 busniess days left to work before my one week vacation. YAY!!!
Oh......remember those Capri pants I bought? I tried them on, and guess what? THEY FIT!!!!
Stamping Trails
Karen 265

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL what a funny mom!
Vera