Friday, July 4, 2008

Baby Card


Remember a few days ago I shared a baby shower invite? Here is the card I made to send to my friend Connie's daughter Katie. I wanted to keep with the jungle theme. Stamp set is called Safari by See-De's. I just love that little elephant with his trunk up in the air. I needed to ground him, so I used a pencil to scribble a mound for him to stand on, then I went over the lines with a brown pure color pencil. Background stamp is from SU also called Safari.
Hope everyone is enjoying the 4th of July. We walked down to the high school last night and watched the Brunswick firework show. They always do there show one day before the 4th. I think they do that so if people still want to drive into Cleveland and see the larger show they can.
We did our cookout early today at about 2. Tried some grilled veggies. They came out really good. There are certain ones that need to grill longer: bell peppers, onions, and eggplant. The veggies should be on the grill till they are tender when pierced. Other ones need to only be on the grill till they are charred. Cherry tomatoes, zucchini, and mushrooms. I took a large ziplock bag and added coarse salt to it, then shook the veggies in that. It's better to use the salt as it will draw the moisture from the veggies. Now about the grill....should be at medium high. Add oil to the grill racks after the grill is heated not before. I used the tongs to hold a piece of tin foil that I coated with vegetable oil then rubbed it on the racks.
Did you know you can also grill pineapple, and peaches? These came really good! If I had been thinking I would have taken some pictures, but I was too hungry to wait!!!!
Till tomorrow
Stamping Trails
Karen 257

No comments: