Sunday, July 20, 2008

Christmas in July/Got Tagged!




Sorry I've been away. Just wasn't into posting anything on the blog. Been busy visiting mom, working, and trying to stay on top of my new life style. Which means lots of walking!

I did get to play today with new stamp sets. This one is called Deer Friends. It will be in the SU catalog coming out soon. I used 4x4 coasters to make the post it note holder. Designer paper is from Basic Grey "Fruit Cake". Other colors used Old Olive, Ruby Red, Very Vanilla. I also used the new scallop border punch, and my new Bind-It-All. It's fun to use. I need to make more projects with it.

I've been tagged! By Mary Jo . Thanks bunches!
Okay here I go with 7 random facts about me.

1. I'm the baby of my family. Have and older sister Charolette, and brother Tony.
2. I wanted to learn how to play the flute when I was in the 4th grade, but the music direction ran out of them. Guess everyone wanted a light instrument to carry! LOL Anyway back then the school supplies instruments for anyone that wanted to learn. So I got to learn the violin. I was pretty good at. Was 1st chair most of the time while I was in school. Of course my brother always told me I was killing a cat when I played.
3. Mom and dad didn't let me go out or have sleep overs. My older sister did some pretty bad stuff when she was a teen, so they didn't want me to get into trouble. So.....I use to sneak out the basement window to see my boyfriend. SHHHHH don't tell my mom.
4. I got married when I was 21. Had my first child Sarah at 22. Since hubby was in the Navy he was gone a lot. Sarah was my buddy! When I would wake up scared at 3 in the morning I would wake her up to. (she was about 8 months) She kept my mind from being scared. You know first time away from home,we were living in a trailer park in SC. Not a good area.
5. I worked at a candy store when we moved back from Guam. (hubby in the service for 20yrs) Sarah, and John's friends would come to the store after school and I'd give them a piece of candy. They loved it!
6. I'm currently working at MTD. If you have a lawn mower that needs repaired I can help you! I had to learn how to take them apart and put them back together. My position is Trainer. I train all the seasonal staff as well as the full time group.
7. I can't tell you how many diets I've tried over the years. I joined WW in June and I'm doing really well! I'm shooting for 100 pounds. It's going to take me awhile, but I'm pretty darn determined
Okay now to tag some other bloggers.......
Okay gotta run. I need to go get dinner.
Stamping Trails
Karen 255

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Christmas in July/Got Tagged!
Now I loved these cards.
Vera