Sunday, August 24, 2008

All Punched Out


I was truly inspired by the card Linda sent me. (see yesterday's post) The punched frog was just to cute. I wanted a fun project to do so I decided since Fall was just around the corner I'd make a scarecrow. Isn't he just darling?????
So you won't be wondering which punches I used I'll list them for you:
head: 1 3/8 circle
hat: round tab
overalls: tag (the large one), and horizontal slot punch for the straps
arms: word window
upper body: key tag
eyes: 1/4 circle
flower on hat and card: trio flower
pocket was cut out 1/2 square, nose was also cut out. Colors Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point, Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red. Stamps: Flannel background, word from Spring Solitude. Other things used, thin scraps of designer paper for the straw, linen thread, mini glue dots, pot dots, braided hemp, mini buttons, white gel pen.
It's going to be another hot day in OH again today. I'm planning to zip down and visit mom for a bit, then it's back home in the air con for the rest of the day. I'm in the mood to stamp again so I'm going to spend most of the day doing that.
Hubby goes back to work second shift on Monday. YAY looking forward to being able to get to my email when I come home from work. Also looking forward to the three day weekend coming up. I can't believe August is almost gone and Labor day is this weekend!!!
Stamping Trails
Karen 243.6

2 comments:

Debby said...

Karen I love this. I am going to have to give this one a try. He is so cute!
Great job on your weight loss girl friend, very proud of you.
Angel hugs
Debby

Connie Babbert said...

Karen...this is WONDERFUL! My punch class is going to LOVE it, hope you don't mind if I use it? Congrats on the weight loss, too!