Monday, September 1, 2008

My Weekend


I made time to stamp! Can you believe that! Been playing with my new toy Big Shot. Love, love, love it! Most of Saturday I spent in my stamp room cleaning out and rearranging things. I've gotten so much new stuff that I just had to work it into the rest of the mix. The best thing I did was to move my PortaInk off my desk. It's on top of my index card file chest now. Not only did it free up some much needed desk space for me......it adds to my daily steps. Now I have to get out of my chair, stand up and reach over to select an ink pad. All those little things add up during a course of a day.
The Big Shot, Cuttlebug, and Bind It All found a place on top of my rolling carts right next to my desk. Just have to reach over and get them. Still waiting on my back ordered bag for the Big Shot but it's suppose to be here by Thursday. YAY
The above card was made using that Scalloped Card die that I found at Pat Catan's last week. It's wonderful to work with. I had to have it as soon as I saw it. Remember that Scallop die that I liked so much that I bought two of them? I took one back and exchanged it with the circle die. It will work nicely with the scallop circle.
Yesterday I got up way early 6:00 am, and made my son breakfast. He had to work 7 to 3 so since he is also on WW now he asked me to make him breakfast. Kids....no matter how old they get they still need mom. After we ate I went out to visit mom and brought her breakfast good thing I did. They were late getting food to the residents. Something about the oven. Anyway they didn't get fed till after 9. I was there at 7:30 with food for mom.
After that I came home and got packed up for our family picnic. It's Skip side of the family they get together every year for a family reunion. I surprised some of them with my weight loss. Mary Jo actually called me skinny! I'm a far cry from that. Working on it! I was good on my diet. I brought things that I could eat, and watched my points. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
I also finished up my next submission for the Rubber Road Adventures. Pam from Fire Cracker Designs gave us a free stamp set to use for the new edition. I got a very cute cat set. Wish I could show you what I did now but you'll have to wait for the new edition to come out. I made trio of Halloween items.
Today I'm just going to take it easy, and stamp some more. I'm in stamping mode again. Happy about that. Sometimes I just run though a dry spell and I can't get motivated to stamp.
Remember to check back later today to see who won the Weight Loss Blog Candy. I'll be posting the winner at 6:00 est. Good Luck
Stamping Trails
Karen 243

1 comment:

Kari said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colors and the layout!!! Such a cute stamp too! What a great scallop card die! Who makes it?? I would love to get one!!! Gotta love the scallops!!