Sunday, November 9, 2008

Baby...It's Cold Outside


That's how I felt last night when I went out to the movies with my friend Karen B. We went to see Appaloosa. Movie starred Viggo Morgenson. OMG it was the best Western I've seen in such a very long time!!!!!
For the base of this card I used some natural paper that I got several years ago from Pat Catan's. It came in a very large package of many different colors. The texture of the paper reminds me of felt. The large scallop paper was also in the same package. First I used the large scallop die from Sizzix on the paper, then I ran it though a Cuttlebug embossing folder. Now that scallop as you can see is very large....Some of it didn't fit into the folder. To hide the bare spot in the paper I added the embossed mitten over it. Mitten was embossed with ivory powder. The word stamp is another one of those one dollar stamps I picked up a few weeks ago. The ribbon is from SU Holiday Mini catalog. The gold snowflake brad added a nice accent for the card. I've had those since forever also. Do you see a trend here? I'm going though some very old supplies. It's been fun going though all the "Junk".....OH....I mean very great card making supplies, and using them on projects. So a message could be wrote inside the card I cut another scallop from the same paper. This one was not embossed.
Well today I'm going to go visit with mom in the morning. Hubby wants to go out to dinner. So we are going to The Roadhouse. Don't really like going out to eat, but hey this is lifestyle change for me so I need to learn how to control my eating when I'm at a restaurant.
Stamping Trails!
Karen 224

No comments: