Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Christmas Ornament Card


In the mood for Christmas! I found the template for the ornament card from Sara Sandberg check out her site. She has some great ideas on it.
Stamp set by SU Deer Friends. For the ornament I used a circle embossing plate by Sizzix. I really enjoy using these plates. They are larger than the Cuttlebug folders so they cover more cardstock than the standard A2 size card. Got carried away embossing the card. After I use the plate I inked the top with craft white ink, then added clear embossing powder. Didn't like how the white was muted, so I inked over it again with white craft ink and then use iridescent ice powder. Much better! I also inked the top of the ornament for the hanger in silver powder. Here is the trick for the embossing plate: After I ran the cardstock shape ornament card through the Big Shot with the circle embossing plate I took a bone folder to the top part for the hanger. Just by rubbing the cardstock I was able to remove the embossed impression from the top. Then I was free to emboss it with the silver powder. Hope that makes sense. It's early in the morning for me!
Kinda cold and tired last night so I went to bed at 9:30 which by the way is just un-natural for me. LOL I got up at 5:15 this morning so here I am typing my blog out.
Stamping trails
Karen 224

1 comment:

Debby said...

This is really cute Karen, I have to try one of these.
Angel hug
Debby