Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Believe


in Santa! Remember those dollar stamps I recently purchased from Pat Catan's? Well I made a card last evening using the old time Santa one.
I was almost euphoric when I opened my brand new pack of BasicGrey Wassail paper. Nothing beats the smell of a just opened pack of paper. It takes me back to when I was kid in art class opening up a new box of crayons. All the wonder and excitement of putting that new crayon to construction paper.
Base of the card is Riding Hood Red by SU. Also used Black and Confetti. Got out the Big Shot again for the label piece. I really must say I love this shape. It's my all time favorite thing to work with. The fur trim of Santa's hat is a mixture of clear micro beads and dazzling diamond glitter. I'm not sure I like the placement of the black ribbon, but hey I have tons of ribbon now and I have the urge to use some on everything I make now.
Not much else going on....me and John went last night and did some light shopping. Stopped at Big Lots, but they didn't really have anything new in the craft section. I went out on a quest to find boxes to use for Christmas gifts I'll be sending soon, but I just didn't find anything I liked. So I'll just have to hunt a bit more. Can you believe the holidays are almost upon us? I felt sorry for my son. He stopped in Kmart and reported that they are playing Christmas songs now. I love Christmas...but it's too early for the carols.
Till Tomorrow.
Stamping Trails.
Karen 226

No comments: