Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Belli Challenge #48 Celebration!











This week's Belli challenge was "Celebration" You can view Crissy's blog here . She is the creater of the Belli Challenge. Read all about it on her blog!

I decided to to do an invite for a New Year's eve Watching the Ball drop.



I selected a stamp made by INKADINKADO. It's an older stamp. I picked it up two years ago at Big Lots for a buck. Love those 1 dollar stamp bins. I never got around to using it. This was the perfect challenge for me to use a new stamp and some embellishments. The layout for the card I got from ScorePal It's called Flap Fold.



I used Giga scallop circle punch to layer the ball. Added some glitz to the dots in the image with silver Stickles. I wanted to keep some of the design of the full image on the stamp even though I had cut the outer portion away. So I grabbed my handy dandy white gel pen and added the sprays going around the image. Designer paper is Basic Grey "Lucky"


Word stamp is from a retired SU set All Year Cheer.


Course I had to add some more bling, silver brads and silver ribbon. To carry some of the theme to the inside card I used the same silver Stickles on the : after the words. Also used some more designer paper. Piece of Velcro holds the invite closed. Want to see more Celebration cards?

Check out the blogs of the Belli design team

Holly

Joan

Ceal

Danita

Shelly

Jennifer

That's it for today Stampers! I'm so glad that I don't have to work for the rest of the week. I told hubby that I'm not doing anything for the rest of the week except for what I want to do. No house cleaning, no cooking, no entertaining. Did all that last week. I'm looking forward to lots of stamping time!!!!

Stamping trails

Karen 217

7 comments:

Debby said...

Love this Karen, I love those dollar spots to but they are getting harder and harder to find.
Angel hugs
Debby

Danita said...

Karen, this is awesome!!! Love the fold out Invite!!! Love the scallops to mount the image!!! Great job!!!

Chrissy D said...

FABULOUS Karen! Love this idea of watching the ball! GREAT PARTY invitation too! Beautifully done! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge!

Holly said...

What a PERFECT stamp for this belli challenge!!! Love the sparkly ball!

Joan Ervin said...

What a fun and fabulous stamp, Karen....it makes such a wonderful invitation!!!

Anonymous said...

Great Party invitation!! I like all the little details.

Unknown said...

I absolutely adore your projects. I love blue and yellow together! The pinwheels are awesome collection!!
plastic id cards online
Plastic Gift Card