Monday, January 26, 2009

Where Have I Been?


You may be asking yourself that question as I have not posted since Thursday. Computer problems that hubby wanted to fix, and in the process of course I lost all my files. MEN if it's not broke please don't fix it. I'll be so glad when the weather warms up and he'll have outdoor things to do. LOL


Okay so I told you that my hubby (yes I really do love him) got be a new Cricut Expressions. I've been playing with that a bit. Here is the first card I made. The butterfly was done using the cartridge that came with the machine. It's called Potpourri Basket. The cartridge is not for sale it only comes with the machine, but the good news is the cartridge really is a collection of the best things from many other of the cartridges. So I'm sure this butterfly can be found on one of them. After I cut the butterfly on Tempting Turquoise I stamped it Paisley background stamp from SU. Apricot Appeal cardstock was used in a Cuttlebug embossing Swirl folder then sponged with Pumpkin Pie ink. Certainly Celery cardstock was stamped with Canvas Background and sponged with celery ink. I like the way the canvas image fades out towards the edges of the cardstock. (Click on the image to get a large view to see what I'm talking about) I didn't start out to get that faded look. I was going to only stamp the portion of the celery cardstock that would show so I didn't ink the entire stamp. Well of course when I put the cardstock down on the background stamp I did it on the wrong side so I was left with a portion not stamped, but that's okay I like it! Added some checked ribbon to balance the card and word stamp.
Okay I'm off to get some more stamping done. I couldn't do anything this weekend because I woke up with a very sore back on Saturday morning so I took it easy all week. Still hurts but I managed to go to work today.
Stamping Trails
Karen 213

No comments: