Monday, February 2, 2009

Published!!!!



Not only did I get published....but twice in the same magazine!!!! Check out pages 96 and 97 in the February Crafts 'n Things magazine. You'll see two cards that I made for Valentine's Day. So excited about that!!!!


Busy on Sunday. Did my grocery shopping, and the wash. Went to Pat Catan's and bought more stamps. I know I know! Really need a 12 step program for the rubber addiction, but when you can get complete sets for 3.00 it's to tempting. Least it's calorie free!!! I'll post pics of the new rubber later this week.

I stopped and bought lunch for mom and visited with her. Came home made dinner, cleaned up the mess, then worked out on the treadmill.

Oh and of course watched the Super Bowl with Hubby!





I did stamp some over the weekend. We got rid of our old coffee maker and bought a new one. Problem is I have all this cone shaped coffee filters as these won't fit the new machine. What to do? I had the bright idea of trying to use them as
a candy treat bag. Stamped on the filter with heart and Real Red ink. Then took a sponge and added Creamy Caramel. Next I stamped over the Caramel ink with another heart stamp. Edges were inked with Real Red. Punched holes across the top of the cone and threaded the ribbon through, then added the stamped hugs and kisses image.
The other project shown is just a box of candy hearts that was covered with designer paper, then the image was added and held in place by the ribbon. Simple to do.
Stamping Trails!
Karen 213

1 comment:

Danita said...

Congratulations Karen on being published!!! Cute idea to use the coffee filters as treat bags!!!