Saturday, April 11, 2009

Less Expensive......Really?


So I have AOL and on there site yesterday they listed 50 ways that throw your money away. Seeing how times are a bit hard now they had helpful things listed to stop throwing away our money. Most of them I agreed with. One of them however said to stop buying Greeting cards and make your own. I had to think about that one. Sure you'll save money on store bought greeting cards in the long run but what about us stamping junkies who are addicted to all the new stamps, paper, ink not to mention all those new embellishments that come out just to tease us. It's like dangling a carrot in front of our nose. No don't agree that making cards is less expensive. You can take one look in my stamp room and know that to be true. I have a very large investment in my hobby.....make that my passion. But I'm happy with it. Love to make cards, and projects with all my "toys". As long as I'm working I'll continue to buy new goodies. SHHHHH just don't tell my hubby about it!!!!
Card uses Bunnies and Chicks by Inque, ink; VersaMark, Close to Cocoa, scallop punch, ribbon, vanilla embossing powder, pop dots, feathers, cardstock; Tempting Turquoise, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate chip.
Stamping Trails
Karen 203

5 comments:

Susan Hackney said...

I find that funny! The only one that handmade cards is cheaper for is my mom and grandma, because when I clear out my card file, they get a stack of free cards. :) For me, it seems cheaper when I make a card and don't have to buy one. But, like you when I survey my stamp room, I know that making my own cards is definitely not cheaper. But, it is my one hobby and is still cheaper than my hubby's hobby (antique cars), so I justify it that way. Although, right now we are both on a spending freeze.

Cher said...

Hi! Congrads on your latest loss! WHOOHOOO...could not find where to post about that...so hope u find this. Sandy50 from Fiskateers sent us over to congradulate you...and maybe win some candy! the fat free kind! YEAH! Please enter me...I will follow as well.. tyvm Cher

Cher said...

and no....making my own cards is NOT cheaper...but TUFF! It is what I prefer! lol cher

Yvonne, Tonya, and Erica said...

You are right...can't say that making my own is cheaper. But I always have them on hand and don't have to remember to get them and...I don't go to the store and buy tons of other things I don't need when all I went there for was a birthday card. LOL!

Donna said...

Your card is awesome and I enjoy making my own also. Congrats to you on getting to the goal you set for yourself.