Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Spring



So after the 4 inches of snow we got last week....I'm hopeful again that Spring is here. Still not been as warm as it should be for this time of the year. Been in the 40's, but at least the snow has turned to rain and the grass couldn't be greener!!! All my tulips are coming up doesn't look like the snow did them any harm so they should bloom.


I just purchased this stamp set made by Inque. Just love the little girl. Don't ask me why I selected these colors for spring but these are the colors I was feeling last night when I made the card. Colors: Tango Tangerine, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, and Vanilla. Designer paper by BasicGrey, amber brads, chipboard, and ribbon. I did use embossing with a Sizzix texture plate so this card also is for the Belli Challenge this week. The challenge was to use embossing.
The picture of Sarah and my mom was taken Easter day when we went to visit with her. Sarah hasn't seen her in a few weeks and was surprised to hear her grandma saying more words. Since they changed her medication she has been able to get more of her vocabulary back. They don't think she will get back to how she was before the stroke just over two years ago now, but I'm happy with how things have been progressing for mom.
Stamping Trails
Karen 203

3 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

What a gorgeous card, Karen...love that sweet image and the awesome colors!!! The picture is a real treasure, too...how wonderful to have 2 such beautiful girls in your life!!!

Shelly Koskinen said...

Great job!!!

Patty Williams said...

Very pretty card, love the butterfly, it looks so real!