Friday, July 17, 2009

ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to tell you I weighed in yesterday morning at the Weight Watchers meeting and I gained a pound. I really dislike it when that happens. My weight loss has slowed down over the past few months, so I decided today to get back on the side of the plan that you count all the points. I have been following the Simply Filling technique, but I think I need to get control of tracking again and weighing everything. I know it's a pain but I think it will help get me back on track.









Thought I'd share a few pics of other things growing in the garden. We planted lots of cabbage. This one is just about ready to harvest.



Also planted some yellow squash. Think hubby is going to be proud of the size of these also!
I didn't take a picture of the zucchini soup I made but I wanted to share the recipe with you. It was so good! It's going to be a family fav!
Zucchini Soup
1 diced onion
2 stalks chopped celery
1 and 1/2 pound lean sweet turkey sausage removed from casings
1 can 12 oz mushrooms (do not drain) I use no salt added cans
2 cans tomato pieces (do not drain) (again I use the no salt kind)
3 cups chopped zucchini
1 package Good Season's Zesty Italian dressing
Brown sausage, onion, and celery. Once the sausage is cooked add the contents of the cans. Remember not to drain the cans. There is no additional liquid added to this recipe so you'll need that water from the cans. Stir in the dressing packet. Stir in the zucchini. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes. Again I can't say it enough......YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Makes 10 servings. For those who may be counting those points......3 points per serving.
Thanks Nancy for leaving me a comment about zucchini jam. I just found out about that this week while I've been on the search for things to do with all the garden bounty. I'll be making it this weekend. Of course I'll be sharing how it came out.
Stamping Trails
Karen 198 (oh that was painful to type)












1 comment:

Michelle Quinno said...

It sounds like you need to change it up a bit to get your metabolism going again. It's so hard when this happens. Hang in there!