Saturday, July 18, 2009

Inchie Card/More Zucchini






I had fun today making this cute little cat card. Remember those cat stamp from Ink-a-dink-a-do I bought several weeks ago? Well I pulled them out of my clear stamp box and created this card. I also got out some retired SU cardstock. River Rock designer paper, Wild Wasabi, and Groovy Guava. Love these colors together! Still playing with the out of the box techinque with Nestibilites. This time I used the rectangle ones. The large cat I stamped twice once on the white and again on the designer paper. Cut out just the body of the cat from the designer paper and "popped" that piece over the body of the large cat. Talk about using a ton of pop dots.......4 on each of the smaller cat images also stamped on the River Rock designer paper, 6 on the Wild Wasabi cardstock, and still more on the cat body. Glad I always stock pile pop dots. Other things used...River Rock ribbon, and a very tiny jingle bell used on the cat's tail. I chose not to use a "Word" stamp on this card on the outside as the little cat in the corner carries a message of Best Friend.
So I'm still working on using all the zucchini in the garden. Last night I made french fried zucchini. Very good. Even hubby liked it. I was surprised about that. To him if it's not fried in a ton of oil it's not done right.
Heat oven to 425, spray baking sheet with cooking spay.
Cut zucchini in to slices. Leave the skins on.
Mix some flour with a tsp of Italian seasoning, and 1/2 tsp salt in small bowl.
In other bowl whip two eggs whites till they are frothy. In a third bowl pour out some Panko Bread Crumbs. I used the ones by Progresso.
Dredge zucchini in flour mixture, then in egg, then in bread crumbs. Once its all coated and on the baking sheet spray the pieces with more cooking spray. Bake in oven about 12 minutes turning halfway between. Another very yummy recipe!!!! For those of you counting points 2 points for 8 pieces.
I've not used Panko crumbs before but I have to tell you they brown up better than any other crumbs I've ever used. Panko is the Japanese word for bread crumb. It's made from the softer inside part of the bread instead of the crust part. Using this part gives it a crunchier texture.
Stamping Trails
Karen 198




2 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

The card is so cute, love the kitties. And the zucchini looks DELICIOUS!!!! Yummy!

Peach said...

Hi Karen,
Your Inchies card is just fabulous. Your garden is totally amazing, and your recipes are all awesome! With a garden like that, no wonder your hubby is a peacock!
x0x
Elizabeth
(check your home email)