Sunday, July 12, 2009

Not Looking Good for the Corn






We had a thunder storm yesterday morning which brought with it some heavy winds. Look at what it did to the corn! We are hoping that it starts to perk back up on it's own. We may need to tie some rope around it and pull it back and secure it to the fence. None of the stalks are broken they are just blown over.





Been working some in the stamp room. This card uses a technique called Chalk Lines. I haven't dragged out my chalks in so long it was fun to work with them again. Apply the chalk ( I used three different colors) then take something with a straight line (I used piece of chipboard) lay it down on over the chalked cardstock and drag an eraser down. Blow away the erased crumbs. Then stamp image on top. I used basic brown ink then water colored the flowers with Apricot Appeal ink.
I think next time I try this technique I'll add more chalk or use darker chalk colors so the lines will show up more, but I do like the soft look that the colors made. Apricot Appeal, Celery, and Turquoise.
I'm off to visit my mom. Enjoy your Sunday!
Karen
197

No comments: