Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Using New Stuff......WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?



Remember all the fun stuff I showed you yesterday? Well I thought I'd get busy and start using some of it. The butterfly image is called Monarch. Made by Inque. That cool looking white border at the bottom is the new Spellbinder Border that I purchased. Added some half pearl beads to it.

Now the purple cardstock I purchased at Holl's. It's a textured paper and a very close match to SU Perfect Plum. Other cardstock used More Mustard, White. Butterfly was colored with Perfect Plum and Barely Banana using an aqua painter.



What the Heck is That? That dear readers is my hubby looking so proud of the zucchini he grew. I told him that those two alone could feed a family of 4 for one month!
Now I have to get busy making zucchini bread and zucchini soup, and roasted zucchini on the grill. My mind is spinning over all the things I can do with it. I'm sure I'm going to end up freezing some of it.
Have a great day
Stamping Trails
Karen 197

4 comments:

MelissaS said...

i have to laugh at your zucchini pics! We, too, are over run already with the green baseball bats in the garden! I've also got yellow squash coming out of my ears. I've blanched it and put it in the freezer, grilled it, roasted it, steamed it and am running out of ideas! But have you shredded and frozen your zucchini? I shred it, drain it, and put it in freezer bags in pre-measured amounts so that in winter when I want z-bread, I just have to grab a bag and thaw it! Good luck with your bounty :)

Krafting Karen said...

thanks for all the great tips Melissa! Keep watching as I'll be posting a great zucchini soup recipe that I just made today. It's so yummy!!!!!

nancymt615 said...

Karen, have you ever made zucchini jam? It is super easy and really fools the kids so they think they are getting fruit but instead they are getting veggies!!! 1 cup grated Z, 1cup sugar and one regular package of any flavor Jello. Heat and stir til it boils then pour into jars and seal or into freezer containers and freeze. My family loves it, Nancy

Krafting Karen said...

thanks Nancy! I did hear about making jam from zucchini. I'll be trying it this weekend.