Thursday, July 16, 2009

YUM! Zucchini Bread




If you stopped by to visit my blog yesterday you have seen proud hubby coming out of the garden with two very large zucchini. If you didn't see the pic yesterday go look I'll wait.................................................


.......................................................


Can you believe how big they are!!!!


Now it's my job to come up with some ways to use all this bounty. Thanks Melissa for sharing her tips with me about her garden and how she freezes her shredded zucchini in batches for later use. Check out her comment on yesterday's post.

Now this bread smelled so good I just had to try a piece. I made it a little different from my standard recipe. I added cocoa powder to it. Really good!!!!


Zucchini Bread Karen Style


3/4 cup Splenda Granular

1/2 brown sugar

1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce

2 egg whites

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup flour

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

few dashes of ground sea salt (or use 1/2 tsp salt)

1 tsp cinnamon

1 and 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder


1 and 1/2 cup shredded zucchini packed. I peeled and seeded the zucchini before shredding. After it's been shredded place in cheese cloth and squeeze as much liquid out as you can. Don't forget to do this.


preheat oven at 350

Mix first 5 ingredients in small bowl. In a large mixing bowl mix next 6 ingredients. Add contents of small bowl to large bowl and mix. Fold in shredded zucchini. Spray loaf pan with butter flavored cooking spray, pour in batter. Bake in oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Bread is done when toothpick comes out clean from the center. Makes 8 servings.
Watch for more zucchini recipes. Tomorrow I'll be posting one for zucchini soup. Made that today for dinner and was it ever good!!!!
Thanks Kat for sending me this very beautiful card. You make good times great too Kat!
Stamping Trails
Karen 197

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can freeze your zucchini in 1 1/2 packages, so you can have zucchini bread all winter long.

Swedie