Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Midas Touch



Maybe all that glitters is really gold? I wanted to start making Christmas tags...yes I know it's August but I'm trying to stay on top of things this year. All y shopping is finished for the gifts I have to send out of town. Time to focus on how I'm going to wrap presents this season. I decided on Red, Gold, White, Olive, and Caramel. Love those colors together! I was at my fav paper store Hollo's over the weekend and found this great gold cardstock. It's heavy weight and white on one side. Perfect for making tags as I used the stamp shown (by Anita stamps) to add the saying to the back of the tag in red ink. Stamp for front is by SU Yuletide Montage. Yes I know Connie you would love to have this stamp set but I'm not ready to part with it yet. Maybe next year.....when I'm ready I'll be gifting it to you. Top Note die used for the tag and Label 3 Nestibilites used for the Santa. Hanger is gold wire threaded with a red star button. Gold ribbon added more to the "Midas Touch" I was going for. Santa colored with Real Red, Old Olive and Creamy Caramel ink with aqua painter.
I'd like to say goodbye to Mr Hollo. Found out this weekend that he passed away. I will miss the old gentleman. He started the store back in the 70's. At that time it was mostly a store for teachers to get supplies for their classrooms. I do have pictures of him that were taken back when friends were visiting with me. I'm going to look those up and will be posting them over the weekend.
Thanks for all the wonder paper Mr. Hollo! Your store is a wonderful place to visit. People from all over the country have stopped to visit the store. I'll always remember the conversations we would have about Brunswick and how you started up the store. Rest in Peace....you will be missed.
Stamping Trails
Karen 195

No comments: