Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Ornament


I made this darling ornament over the weekend, and will be making several more of them.

Colors: Bashful Blue, Cranberry Crisp, Apricot Appeal, Black, Always Artichoke, and Brushed Silver cardstock.

I cut two circles using the Coluzzle system. Circle diameter is 3 3/8. Circles are held together with brushed silver cardstock that was punched with tab punch. Bird started out as a circle then was cut in half. For the wing....pardon the pun.......I just "winged" it. LOL After I cut the wing to the shape I wanted the edges of the bird was sponged with Cranberry Crisp ink, and the wing was added using pop dot. The face is black cardstock punched with Boho Blossom punch. Funny thing about that....I don't own that punch. I did trace the punch from the SU catalog using pc paper then cut it out. Next I traced that on black cardstock and cut out. Thank goodness my friend Lisa has the punch and did some punch outs for me. They are currently in route to me. Thanks Lisa!!!! The bird nest is leaf punch from Martha Stewart. Oh and I have to do a product share with you. This the best quick dry glue I have found. Its by Scotch called Quick-Dry Adhesive. No-run, mess free, precision tip, and Photo safe...acid free. It is wonderful. "Quick" go out and pick some up. YOU NEED THIS GLUE!!! Wonderful for paper projects and dries clear.


Stamping Trails
Karen 187.5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this glue too...I use it alllllllllllllllll the time...
cuuuuute card....tfs
ansa