Monday, March 15, 2010

Here Chick



Isn't this just a cute little card? I just love this cute chick!!! I was visiting mom at the home yesterday and I brought along a foam kit (shown on right) that had all the little pieces and parts needed to make little chicks. Mom likes to do little craft projects. These she will be giving to her aids and nurses for Easter. Anyway...while we were working on them I was thinking of what I had in my stamp room that I could use to recreate the chicks with cardstock. When I got home I had fun pulling out stuff to use. Base of the chick is made with So Saffron cardstock that was stamped with Weathered background stamp then sponged with More Mustard. The Top Note die from SU is so versatile for making many different animals. Wings are scallop punch, eyes: 3/4 circle punch for white, and eyelids, and 1/2 circle punch for pupils. Feet and beak were free cut using Bazzill orange (still had that cardstock on my desk from the weekend stamping) The egg was stamped on tan cardstock using Boarding Blue ink. Egg is from Scrappy Cat. I used some pop dots for the feet, and wings. I little piece of check brown ribbon tied around the top finished off the chick.

Stamping Trails
Karen

No comments: