Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Now That's the Way to Recycle!









So I was at the thrift store the other day (my all time favorite place to shop) and came across this little handbag. Take a good look the bag is made from recycled drink pouches. How clever is that! Of course the bag also appealed to me because it's purple with a little bit of red. Okay you know where I'm going with this. How cute to carry to a Red Hat meeting.

On the inside of the bag there are two more pouches that were sewn in for pockets. While chatting with the clerk she told me that her and her daughter had made some of these bags (not this one) a few years ago and her daughter was selling them to kids at school for 10 bucks a bag. WOW not bad for a item made from recycled drink pouches. Course buying it from the thrift store I bought my new treasure for .50 cents. Did I mention that I love the thrift store?

Stamping Trails
Karen

No comments: