Saturday, July 31, 2010

Do This Not That

Okay so I got the pearl cotton at Pat Catan's this morning and made a flower to dye. I decided to use Pumpkin Pie reinker. So I started out my putting several drops of ink into a container, then put the flower in...mistake. What I should have done was add some water to the ink bath before putting the the flower. I was able to save the first flower by putting it back in the bath that was diluted with water. At this point I made another flower and dropped it into the dye bath you can see by the photo that the one on the right is lighter than the first one. I blotted the flowers with newsprint after taking them out of the bath just to adsorb some of the water. Then I had a thought......how bout making some designer paper? Got out some cream cardstock an while the flowers were laying on the newsprint I took the cardstock and pressed it on top of the flower and continued to do that in a random fashion and I got some pretty cool designer paper. Aren't I the clever girl? On to the card. I used the handmade designer paper for the background. I ran it through a Cuttlebug folder. Autumn Day stamp set by SU!. Because I was to lazy to cut part of the Old Olive strip to even it with the layer I just rolled it up till it was even then used a library clip to hold it in place. I like the look....sometimes it's a good thing to be lazy!

Stamping Trails
Karen 209

1 comment:

mary stuart said...

Your card turned out lovely, Karen!
the paper really is perfect.
Glad you had the coupon. How wonderful of the girl at PC to make you a friend! You can't beat their prices! I bought Cricut 12X12 mats that were on sale. What a deal!