Friday, July 30, 2010

More Flowers

I'm just loving all these crochet flowers! I got pretty fast at turning them out. Each one takes about 10 minutes. The cream color ones were done with pearl the rest are made with floss. Turns out I didn't have white cotton so I need to make a run to Pat Catan tomorrow and pick some up. The box is made with a Big Shot die sold through SU! I forgot I had a package of corduroy buttons so I used one of them for the center of the flower. I'm happy how it turned out. Lots of endless possibilities to use these flowers on cards or other projects. I may play around with some more flower patterns or use different size hooks just to change them up.

Took the day off from work. I have to share this great cake recipe with you. I made it this morning. Called Cherry Surprise Cake

4 cups mini marshmallows
1 box yellow cake mix
1 can lite cherry pie filling
10 oz of diet sprite
2 egg whites

heat oven to 350, spray 13x9x2 pan with cooking spray, layer all the marshmallows in the bottom of the pan.
mix cake mix, eggs, and sprite in bowl
pour cake mixture over the marshmallows
spoon cherries over the top of the cake
bake for 40 minutes. It's really cool how it works. While baking the marshmallows rise to the top of the cake to form the frosting while the cherries sink to the bottom of the cake. It was really good. I say was because it's all gone now. Sarah stopped over and had some John had some, and even hubby who doesn't like most of my lighter recipes loved this cake....so it's gone.

Stamping Trails
Karen 209

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Karen,
So glad to see you back on the blog and crafting again. Congratulations on the weight loss. Way to get back in the swing of things. So proud of you.
Love,
Kat

mary stuart said...

ok, you either havent had a chance to check comments, or you think i'm spam. Sorry, since you talk about pat catan's, i thought you'd like this coupon, but it expires today, saturday. here's the link - Another "Lucky" Weekend! $7.77 of your purchase of $25 or more at Pat Catan's. - http://click.craft-centers.com/?qs=db21dba76710d795444c4567700dabd2cdf9e51517de97aa95c826e711007126
hmmm, not sure it'll go through!
and i can be found at mary.pozydaev at gmail dot com! please don't publish this - the coupon you can, but its a bit late!

Suzeqscraps said...

Karen,
Would you be willing to share the pattern you used for these, I would love to make some for my scrapbooks!!
Congrats on your weight loss, that is a full time job in itself!!

Susan

Krafting Karen said...

Sure I can share the pattern. Give me a couple days and I'll type it up and post it.

Suzeqscraps said...

woohoo, thank you so very much!!!