Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Honey Bun!

OMG this Honey Bun cake is so yummy! An added bonus....the cinnamon makes the house smell so good while it's baking. I came across this recipe from a gal on Weight Watchers. Its a little bit more work to make but so worth it. You want the recipe...don't you? This cake is better than Cinnabon. Really it is and with less fat. Okay I'll share the recipe now that I built it up:)

heat oven 350 spray 13x2x9 pan with cooking spray



1 box yellow cake mix
4 egg whites
2/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 cup light sour cream

combine and mix till moist, then beat on medium speed with mixer for 2 minutes
Pour half the batter (about 2 cups) in pan

In another small bowl mix 1/2 cup brown sugar ( I use Splenda brown sugar)
and 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon. Sprinkle this over the batter in the pan. Next and this is the tricky part pour remaining batter over the sugar/cinnamon layer. I say this is tricky because the batter is thick and if your not careful you'll pull up the sugar layer (this is so worth the extra work!!) Before you pop this in the oven take a knife an run through the cake in a swirl pattern. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove and let cool in the pan for a bit.

For the topping: Mix 2 tablespoons fat free milk with 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar. While cake is still warm drizzle glaze over cake. YUM!!!!!

You can eat this cold, but I like mine warm and heat up left overs in the micro wave. I made this for Labor Day and the family ate the entire cake. Well in all fairness there were 5 of us and Sarah did take some home with her...didn't want to you think were are a bug of piggies.

I received another Birthday card. Love this one also!!! Thanks Kat. Although upon reading the card I don't think this was meant for my birthday. I think this is a RAK that Kathy sent me. Either way it's great!!!!

I came home from work today and grabbed some dinner then took off on the bike for a ride. It was a prefect day to bike ride. Rode up to visit Skip at work at the school. He took a break and we chatted for bit. Doing wash right now. Need to finish up and get ready to hit the sack. Will this week ever end? Tired of working and really want the end of Sept to just be here already.

Stamping Trails
Karen 206

No comments: