Sunday, October 10, 2010

Autumn Card




I was inspired to make this card when I was putting up fall flowers around the mail box. Nice bunch of colorful mums with pussy willows tucked in. I remembered I had Inspired by Nature stamp set by SU! and thought I could use that for the grass stems. I also wanted some texture for the willow heads. Started out free handing the willow part but then smacked my hand on my head.....yes I really did smack myself then grabbed the window punch. WOW how great that worked. Decided to use very thin cork board which cut fine with the punch.



See the photo of how I made the willow heads to fit as they needed to be smaller. First cut the normal size that the punch makes. Then put that cut piece back in the punch just a bit away from the center and punch again. Couldn't be easier! The little swirls at the bottom are Grunge Board by Tim Hotlz. I love this stuff!!! So much nicer to work with than chip board. It's soft and flexible. You can use just about anything to color it. With this one I used Always Artichoke ink pad and pushed the board directly on the pad. Good tip.....either wear gloves (unless you really like inky fingers), or put your hand inside a sandwich bag. Works great, and less expensive than rubber gloves.

No comments: