Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Vampire or Owl in Costume......You Decide



I started out just playing around last night in the studio and ended up using a ton of different things just to make this tag. Guess I was just feeling playful and in the mood to mess up the desk again. LOL!! You all know how I am. Like to make a mess when I'm creating. Okay lets start with the owl. I used the new Owl punch from SU and turned him into a vamp. Simple to do just cut some little triangles for the vangs and colored the tips with red marker. Wings were a bit of a challenge. I used a 1 3/8 circle punch,cut that in half then used deco scissors to cut the edges and highlighted them with white gel pen. The moon I had left over from the Headless Horseman card. This moon was too large for that card so I'm happy to be able to use it for the tag project. Dislike wasting cardstock. Witches hat is from Eat Drink and be Scary (SU). Notice the little tiny staples on the hat. I got a cool stapler by Tim Holtz that uses very tiny staples.
Check out the picture showing just how tiny they are compared to the standard size staples. For the tag I used Tim Holtz Bingo embossing folder. Centered it so the 31 was in the lower corner. I saw him do this in October's Paper Crafts magazine. Thought it was a cool idea. Inked the tag with Distress ink: Mustard Seed, and Walnut Stain. Next I spritz some cherry red ink on it. Inked the entire tag with VersaMark and embossed with clear embossing powder. Black cord for the tag hanger is from a roll that Lisa sent me some time ago. Pop dots used to attach the vamp to the moon. WHEW! Told you I used lots of stuff on this tag.

Taking 1/2 work today. I have a Red Hat meeting to attend. Looking forward to that!

Stamping Trails
Karen 204

No comments: