Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day 10 Peppermint Chocolate Spoons



One of the things I always wanted to do but never did... make chocolate spoons. Well this year was the year to try making these. Pretty simple to do.

Take 12 peppermint hard candies and crush them in a ziplock bag. I used my little hammer from my tool kit to smash them up. Great way to relieve tension too! Sift the crush candies and set aside the pieces that have not been crushed up fine. You'll use those pieces later. Melt 1 cup chocolate chips in double broiler. Add the finely crushed peppermint to the melted chocolate stir to mix well. Spoon the mixture into the wells of plastic spoons set on wax paper to harden. Add the reserved peppermint pieces to the chocolate in the spoons. Let the spoons set till hard then wrap them in plastic wrap. These can be used to stir into hot chocolate. YUM! I was able to get 18 spoons from this recipe.

I free handed the mitten pattern on brown wrapping paper, and sandwiched in a piece of natural batting between the two layers. Sewed around the mitten on the pattern line then cut it out with pinking shears. Before sewing I did to the stamping and if you look close at the top cuff I ran that part through the Cuttlebug with a snowflake embossing folder. Love the rust accents used mini snowflake and bell. To give as a gift you could include a mug and some hot chocolate packets.

Stamping Trails
Karen 204

No comments: