Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 3 Fun Foam Snowflakes



Now these were fun to make....and the most important thing? Make sure the cat is not...I repeat NOT under your crafting desk when you are adding the glitter. Burbank decided to bump me when I sprinkling the glitter and needless to say it got everywhere.

Sixxiz die Snowflake # 2 was used to create these sun catchers. If you don't have that die SU! also has a snowflake die, or you can use pre-cut fun foam snowflakes. I saw them in the kids crafting section at Michael's. Okay so after running the fun foam through the Big Shot using the snowflake die I added some dots of Tombo liquid adhesive then spread it around using a wide flat paint brush. Sprinkled on some dazzling diamond glitter then tapped the excess off. Next I added some felt pre-cut snowflakes that picked up last year. Sorry I don't remember the source, and secured the felt flake with a brad. After the snowflakes were dry I turned them over and added some more Tombo glue to the tips and let it dry over night. After the glue is dry you can stick them to a window. The glue on the back will adhere to the window. How cool is that? I can also see these being used for ornaments just add a cord and forget about the glue on the back of the flake, or thread them through ribbon for a swag, or how bout a package topper? Now what will you do with your snowflakes?

Stamping Trails
Karen 204

2 comments:

Tammy Q Howell said...

Love this idea! Going to Wally World and hoping to find fun foam!

ThreadCatcher said...

I like this idea. Thanks for sharing the how-to's. jmniffer