Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Black Tie Christmas



Wanted to make a card, but wasn't really in the mood to stamp. Been meaning to make a penguin using the owl punch, but like so many other of my ideas and projects it kept getting pushed back, and pushed back again. I used Sizzix embossing folders, snowflake and Merry Christmas. Only ink I used was a bit of white craft around the word. Wide black ribbon finished out the card. Other punches used petal punch for wings, flower punch, and heart punch for the hat.

Spent part of the morning and yesterday afternoon making more cookies. This time it was Oatmeal Raisin. Made Skip his peanut butter fudge that I only make him for Christmas. It's the best recipe I've found for making fudge and have been making it for him since we lived in Washington state.

Pat in Pan Peanut Butter Fudge

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
8 oz package cream cheese (1 package)
6 oz Reese peanut butter chips
6 cups powdered sugar

line a 13x9x2 pan with tin foil leaving extra on both sides. You'll use this to lift the fudge out of the pan.

In sauce pan combine peanut butter, chips, and cream cheese. On medium heat stir until the chips have melted. Transfer to large bowl. I use my Kitchen Aide for the next step. It can be done by hand as I use to do it this way before I got my Kitchen Aide. Add one cup of powdered sugar to the creamed stuff and mix in. Continue to add one cup of sugar till it is all mixed in. Turn out the mix into the pan and pat it down using your hands. Let sit on counter for 2 hours. Lift the foil out of the pan and cut the fudge into squares. Store in air tight container in fridge. Makes about 2 pounds of fudge.

Stamping Trails
Karen 204

No comments: