Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Chocolate Snowflakes



For some reason I just find brown snowflakes warm and cozy. It may be white fluffy flakes on the ground out side my window but here in my stamp room its warm and toasty brown flakes for me!

I've had this thing for doilies lately. I use Tombo liquid glue along all the edges to adhere them to the cardstock. Oh and I discovered bakers twine. It comes in many colors. It's white with a color twisted around it. This one on the card is white/brown. I like that the twine is thin so its great to add color and interest to your card but it cuts out the bulk which makes it easy to mail.

Used a technique on the card called faux dry embossing. For the background flakes I first stamped the flakes with white craft ink. Next I used the stamping-ma-gig and stamped the snowflake again with Chocolate Chip making sure that when I lined up the flake it was just a little off center from the white one. Gives it just a little shadow which adds depth to the flake.

I'm going to start taking down the tree today. That is always a sad job, but I need to start cleaning the house. I have lots of stuff that I just want to get rid of, and that layer of dust on my ceiling fans isn't going away by itself!

Stamping Trails
Karen 204

No comments: