Friday, December 3, 2010

Felt Snowflake Coasters



Love the felt coasters! Fun and very easy to make. I started with stiffened sticky back white felt. I ran it though the Big Shot using snowflake die. I did use a cardstock shim with the die. Next I used royal blue felt (standard felt), and ran that though the Big Shot with a scallop circle die. Peeled the paper off the back of the snowflake and adhered to the blue circle. If you try this make sure you have the snowflake where you want it as the glue on the back of the felt is strong. You won't be able to pull it up if you position it wrong. To make it easy for me to get it centered I folded the cut scallop felt into fourths. Then I opened it up and marked the center with a little dot using a white gel pen. Then I just made sure the center of the flake lined up with that little white dot. You can get 4 flakes from one sheet of sticky back felt, and 2 scallop circles per sheet of standard felt.

Stamping Trails
Karen 204

No comments: