Monday, December 13, 2010

Using Up Supplies



I've been trying to use some supplies that I've had on hand for a long while and never used or used very little. I'm also trying to combine different craft mediums. Which leads me to this snowflake ornament creation. I started with white crochet thread and crocheted the snowflake. After it was finished I stiffened it with fabric stiffener. My friend Marianne will remember these flakes as we use to make them back in the day. The first time we tried to stiffen them was with sugar water. Lots easier with the fabric stiffener. Okay after the flakes dried I added some glass glitter (love this stuff). Finished off by adding brown ribbon for a hanger. The flower in the center is a Prima flower that Kat gave me a package of several Christmas's ago. To that I added the amber brad and word was stamped with white craft ink on Espresso cardstock cut with Model label punch.
The color on this photo doesn't do this ornament justice. I should retake the photo on a different background, but I'm too lazy today.

Stamping Trails
Karen 204

No comments: