Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Heart Box Pin Cushion



Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. Been really cold here and I think my brain just froze. It's been in the single digits with wind chills below zero. BRRRRRR
Yesterday was a bit better got up to 30...WOW tropical heat wave!!!! At any rate looks like we will be out of the single digits at least till this weekend. I went to visit mom yesterday morning, and took her some breakfast. She was glad to see me. I brought in a Home Sew catalog she enjoyed looking through that.

While I was going though some craft supplies I came across this paper mache heart box. Since Valentine's Day is coming up I decided to dress it up. Painted the box with acrylic red paint then sponged white around the edges. The paint seemed to flat to me so I applied a coat of modge podge to gloss it up a bit, plus it will protect the paint from chipping off. Used a wad of natural batting under the fabric to create the cushion for the pins.



Just filled up the box with buttons and heart charms. I'm happy how it turned out.

Stamping Trails
Karen 204

No comments: