Thursday, March 31, 2011

Now This What I Call Balanced



I finally made a card that I'm happy with for the stampers challenge I'm participating in. You may recall I was making cards a few weeks ago using Wise Cracks stamp set by SU!. I was having trouble deciding just what I wanted to use for the challenge. I thought you may want to know what inspired me.....First I was emptying all the trash cans in the house, and of course hubby's can that he keeps by his desk was overflowing with Hershey kisses candy wrappers. I saw all those pretty Easter color wrappers then I spied the bag, or should I say bags as there was more than one empty one. Did I tell you just how much he loves Hershey Kisses? Anyway I took the bags to the stamping studio, then I eyed another SU stamp set So Green. Of course Wise Cracks has been sitting on my desks for weeks now and ta-ta....I had my card idea. I used a Sizzix die to cut the flowers. Then used 1/2 circle punch that was sponged and popped over the flower. Image was colored with aqua painter using Regal Rose ink. Used shimmer paint to highlight the tops of the chocolates the lady is holding in each hand. I used stamps from So Green to stamp the back of the card.

As I'm typing this and looking out the window....Lots of snow coming down. I can't believe we are still getting snow. Oh well I'm living in Ohio and I've seen it snow here in mid April so I shouldn't be that surprised, but I really want some warmer weather. Its been a very long winter!!!!!!

Stamping Trails
Karen 202

No comments: