Saturday, April 9, 2011

Baa Baa



I had an idea to make the white sheep, but I just couldn't resist making a little black sheep also. I think I like him the best. I needed a way for the head and ears to stand out as he is all black so I sponged the edges with white craft ink. The white sheep is sponged with Going Gray ink.

Punches used:

Scallop circle die by Sizzix
Large Oval for head
Small Oval for ears
scallop oval punch for top knot
Boho punch for tail
Modern label punch for feet

Cuttlebug swirl embossing folder
flat pearls for eyes
bakers twine used for the bows

To create the card I first folded a sheet of cardstock then trimmed it to fit the scallop circle die. When running it through the Big Shot I left a small bit off of the die at the top. This way it didn't cut through the cardstock and I was able to use it for a card. You can see what I mean by looking at the picture below.



You can see at the top the die wasn't cut. Isn't that little tail cute?!!!!

Stamping Trails
Karen 202

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these!!!
I have a friend that is having a baby boy. She came across an old photo of her grandfather on his sheep farm. She decided right then that she wanted to do the babies room in baa baa black sheep.
She is doing the room in black and white with brass accents. These would be perfect for her. Do you sell your crafts? I would love to hear from you.
reneeliles@sheridanschools.org

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.