Friday, April 15, 2011

Blast from my Crafting Past



During my recent visit with my mom in law Kate we took some time and went through her Easter decorations. I just love mom Kate....bless her heart she has kept every single craft item I've made for her over the years...just like I was one of her kids. These crochet jackets are actually made around a blown out chicken egg. I painted the face on then sealed them with a sealer before putting on the jacket. Now I said she has kept everything I've ever made and gave to her...well these were made back when my daughter Sarah was a baby, and that was a mere 28 years ago. Just where all that time has gone I'll never know. Seems like after I had my children the years went racing by. If my friend Marianne is reading this post I'm sure she is smiling as I know she will remember these eggs well. And Marianne....Kate still has the egg shell napkin holder. You remember the one that was made from painted Popsicle sticks. Someday I might take a pic of that to post. LOL



These are crochet trivets that are made using pop bottle caps. My grandmother Alice (my mom's mother) made these years ago. I ran across them while madly going through drawers and closets trying desperately not to become one of those folks on the TV show Hoarders. At any rate look real close at the back view of the red grapes. When was the last time...(if ever) you saw cork in the back of a soda pop bottle cap? Well I'll tell you it has been years and years ago, but I remember them. I know there I go dating myself again. Stop that!!!!!!

Hope you enjoyed walking down memory crafting lane with me today.

Stamping Trials
Karen 202

No comments: